In this era of information and communication technology VoIP phone is a common communication device. VoIP or voice over Internet Protocol is a digital technology that transmits voice and multimedia content via an Internet Protocol (VoIP) network. If you want to learn about the VoIP telephone program, I will also be discussing the related VoIP telephone issues in this post today. So let’s Get started..
What is a VoIP Phone System?
A VoIP telephone system is a special telephone to establish and transfer telephone calls over a VoIP or Internet network. This transmits voice over wireless or dedicated VoIP networks. A VoIP phone is therefore a digital office phone which you use with a VoIP phone system. Digital IP telephone service uses control protocols like the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), the Thin Client Control Protocol (SCCP), or many other proprietary protocols.
VoIP phones are used instead of the traditional public switched telephone network (PSTN). IP cable is used over the Internet using an Ethernet cable or WiFi connection. The phones included in VoIP phones are desk phones, cordless phones and conference phones. Which is similar to your normal office phone / telephone, but a different technology, VoIP, is used to establish communication.
How VoIP Phones Work
Typically VoIP phones transform an analog voice signal of a person to a digital signal. Such digital signals are transmitted in data form over a long line. Simply put, VoIP phones accept communications over the telephone and route them via a VoIP phone network known as VoIP. Next, it links to the network cable and then to the internet.
The VoIP phone system has made telephone communication more advanced by following the basic principle of telephone communication. Microphones and receivers typically will act as MP3 players on the VoIP telephone network. In other words, the VoIP phone device recognizes and transmits the sound to a digital signal and transmits it to the network.
Advantages and disadvantages of VoIP phone
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of VoIP telephones:
Advantages of VoIP Phone
- VoIP phone communication costs are very low.
- VoIP phone systems have the capability to perform many tasks with most technology-savvy devices.
- With this phone you can talk anywhere in the world.
- The use of VoIP technology allows the same data consumption everywhere.
- Can talk to one or more people at a conference at the same time.
- There is no hassle like balancing a normal telephone.
- A typical phone number is not required like a normal telephone.
Disadvantages of VoIP Phone
- Reliable internet connection is required.
- No locations can be tracked for emergency calls.
- Communication delays are possible due to Internet speed or connection problems.